Addagrip, the UK’s leading manufacturer of resin exterior surfaces, has been involved in the ‘Broad Walk’ project at the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, to create the longest double herbaceous borders in the UK.
The 300m long borders either side of the Broad Walk, from the Orangery to the Palm House Pond, will be planted with swathes of vibrant summer flowering perennials, grasses and bulbs to form a spectacular new horticultural feature.
Addagrip, together with approved contractor True Grip Ltd, installed over 3000sqm of innovative new porous paving system, Terrabase Rustic, on the instruction of main contractor Kier Facilities Services. The product provided the rustic-looking finish that Kew required and could be installed over the existing surface with minimum environmental impact and disruption.
As drainage was another key requirement for the project, Kew also selected Terrabase Rustic for its larger stone size of 6-10mm to provide maximum porosity.
The new Terrabase Rustic surface is hard-wearing and low maintenance, providing a seamless, natural rustic pathway with no loose stone, which looks very much at home in the grounds of London’s historic Royal Botanic Gardens.
The Broad Walk path has recently re-opened, allowing the public to begin enjoying the experience. New plants will begin to arrive in autumn 2015 and planting will continue until early summer 2016 to complete the project.
For further information, please contact Nicole Denny on: 01825 765617 or: Nicole@themarketingeye.com
Notes to Editors
• Established in 1980, Addagrip is a leading resin manufacturing and formulating company, offering a range of high quality products to meet industry requirements.
• Addagrip’s philosophy is to create and develop a wide range of high quality decorative and hard-wearing surface solutions, installed through a network of approved contractors, to meet project requirements ranging from commercial schemes to domestic installations.
• Terrabase Rustic – as used recently on an ITV ‘ Love Your Garden’ project – is an innovative, patented paving system that provides a decorative and natural-looking rustic surface. It also creates a permeable, resin bound surface that is ideal for pedestrian footpaths and can be applied directly on to most surfaces and gradients, resulting in faster and more cost-efficient installation.
• The current product range also includes Addaset, Addabound, Terrabound, and Addacolor Resin Bound surfacing systems, Addastone Resin Bonded and Addastone TP Tree Pit, along with a range of quality resin floor finishes and concrete protection resins.
• Recent additions to the range are PU Floor Green Line, Addabound and Terrabound. PU Floor Green Line is a Polyurethane Resin Floor with high elasticity and colour pigmentation providing a bespoke and highly versatile Designer Resin Floor Finish. Addabound is a resin bound surfacing with a minimum of 25% recycled content of aggregate and filler. Terrabound is Addagrip’s commercial grade resin bound surfacing system
• Environmental considerations are important to Addagrip and its ongoing programme of research and development is continually striving to develop a product range that is as environmentally friendly as possible.
• Addagrip products have been used in a variety of high profile projects, including Wembley, Highgate Cemetery, Media City UK in Salford, Edinburgh Zoo and Abbotsford House.
For further product information, please visit: www.addagrip.co.uk